Through this activity we will learn how to calculate the height of formation of the Northern Lights from digital photos. The objectives that we want to achieved are:
- Implement a methodology for the calculation of a physical parameter (height) from an observable (digital images) as a technique for teaching applications, documentaries and research. Apply knowledge of trigonometry and basic atomic physics.
- Understand and apply basic statistical techniques (error calculations).
- Understand and apply basic analytical techniques of images (angular scale, height of stars, …).
- Work cooperatively as a team, valuing individual contributions and expressing democratic attitudes.
- Contributing to scientific knowledge of the Aurora and Solar Activity.